At The Ladder School, we recognise that mainstream school does not suit all young people and we are here to offer a second chance. We work on a commissioning basis, which means that a school, or the Local Authority must approach The Ladder School to place a student. Referrals may be made at any time throughout the year, but unfortunately, we cannot accept direct referrals from parents/carers.
The school specialises in providing places for:
- Students who have become disengaged in mainstream provision and exhibit persistently disruptive behaviour within a mainstream setting;
- Students who have failed to reengage with mainstream schooling through a managed move to a different school;
- Students who are at risk of permanent exclusion;
- Students who have been permanently excluded;
- Students who do not have a school place and mainstream education is not appropriate.
Students who attend will be dual rolled. In certain instances, we will take students on roll completely. All places are full time and our aim is that each student will achieve 5 – 8 GCSE (or equivalent) qualifications (depending on the length of time they are with us).
A place at The Ladder School costs £6000 per academic year, regardless of the point of entry. This is payable by the home school and will be paid in four instalments; an initial deposit of £500 to reserve a place, followed by two instalments of £2000 and one final instalment of £1500. Please note discounts are offered for bulk purchase of places.
The school’s admissions portal makes the admissions process swift and easy to follow, and our dedicated team are always on hand to help in any way we can.
To submit an Expression of Interest for a place go to https://admissions.theladderschool.org/
To complete a Referral Form using your log in go to https://admissions.theladderschool.org/
For further advice on joining us please contact Mrs C Morris (Admissions Support Assistant) firstname.lastname@example.org
Admissions applications – https://admissions.theladderschool.org/login